Should social insurance be withdrawn at this time? Immediate benefits, but the risk of old age, where is the loss when withdrawing social insurance 1 time? Find out now!
Because of the Covid-19 epidemic situation, many workers (employees) are unemployed, intending to withdraw social insurance (social insurance) to cover their lives. The article will outline the benefits and limitations when withdrawing social insurance money to help you answer the question " Should I withdraw one-time social insurance or receive a pension ?".
Social insurance is a guarantee to replace or partially compensate an employee's income when his/her income is reduced or lost due to illness, maternity, work accident, occupational disease, or end of working age. death, on the basis of contributions to the social insurance fund.
When participating in social insurance, employees enjoy many benefits such as: sickness; maternity; occupational accidents, occupational diseases; retire; death death. In which, when participating in voluntary social insurance, they are entitled to two retirement and survivorship regimes to help employees reduce their burden when they are old.
● Age requirements:
Employees must reach retirement age, ie full 60 years old for men and full 55 years old for women, except for some special cases, the age level may be lower (for example, employees with a long working time). heavy, hazardous or dangerous occupation or work; doing coal mining work in the pit or being infected with HIV/AIDS due to occupational accidents).
● Conditions for the time of payment of social insurance premiums:
According to the Law on Social Insurance, from 2022, in order to receive the maximum 75% pension, male employees need to pay full 35 years of social insurance contributions and female employees need to pay full 30 years.
When not yet eligible for the above-said pension, employees have two options: either (1) continue to participate in social insurance to meet the conditions for pension enjoyment or (2) claim one-time social insurance benefits.
- Having reached retirement age but have not had enough time to pay social insurance contributions (For example: less than 20 years);
- After one year of leave, but not yet 30 or 35 years of payment of social insurance and do not continue to pay social insurance;
- Going abroad to settle down;
- Persons suffering from one of the life-threatening diseases such as cancer, polio, cirrhosis of the liver ascites, leprosy, severe tuberculosis, HIV infection that has progressed to AIDS and other diseases as prescribed by the Ministry of Health. .
So, in the end, should I withdraw my social insurance once or receive a pension ? First of all, you need to understand the benefits and limitations when withdrawing one-time social insurance, then compare it with the form of pension receipt to find out which is the best plan for you.
Should one-time social insurance withdrawals solve immediate difficulties due to the Covid-19 epidemic? Withdrawing social insurance once is an option many employees are thinking about. However, if you do it this way, you will suffer many disadvantages, specifically:
(1) Losing the opportunity to receive a pension in old age
Pursuant to Article 61 of the Law on Social Insurance 2014, which stipulates that employees will be entitled to reserve the period of payment of social insurance contributions in case they are not eligible for pension or have not yet enjoyed lump-sum social insurance as prescribed in Article 60 of this Law. the time of payment of social insurance is preserved.
Thus, if the employee quits his job and has not received a lump-sum social insurance payment, the time of payment of social insurance will be preserved and added to the next payment period. However, if employees receive one-time social insurance, employees are likely to lose the opportunity to enjoy pension due to ineligibility for the time of payment of social insurance.
(2) Not entitled to a free health insurance card
The elderly often face many health problems and the cost of each hospital visit is often not small. Therefore, having a health insurance card helps employees reduce the burden of costs, especially when there is no source of income.
According to regulations, pensioners will be paid health insurance premiums by the social insurance agency as prescribed in Clause 1, Article 2 of Decree 146/2018/ND-CP, which means they will be granted a free health insurance card. But when enjoying one-time social insurance, employees lose the opportunity to enjoy pension and at the same time are not granted free health insurance cards and have to pay health insurance premiums themselves to enjoy preferential regimes.
(3) The amount of one-time social insurance receipt is less than the amount paid in
One of the things employees need to know is that the amount of one-time social insurance contributions will be less than the actual payment amount. Specifically:
The employee's one-time social insurance benefit may be lower than the previous social insurance payment.
For participants of social insurance, the total payment of social insurance to the retirement and survivorship fund is 22% of the monthly salary used as the basis for paying social insurance premiums of the employees. In which, employees pay 8% and employers pay 14%, the total contribution to the annual social insurance fund is 2.64 months salary.
The one-time social insurance benefit (According to Clause 2, Article 8, Decree 115/2015/ND-CP) is calculated according to the number of years of paying social insurance premiums, each year is calculated as follows:
● Equal to 1.5 months the average monthly salary on which social insurance premiums are based for the years of payment before 2014;
● Equal to 02 months of the average monthly salary on which social insurance premiums are based for the years of 2014 onwards;
In case the period of payment of social insurance premiums is less than one year, the one-time social insurance benefit is calculated at 22% of the monthly salary for which social insurance has been paid, and the maximum level is equal to 02 months of the average monthly salary on which social insurance is paid.
If the employee withdraws social insurance once, the employee will lose about 1.14 months of salary for each year of payment of social insurance before 2014 and about 0.64 months of salary for each year of payment of social insurance after 2014.
(4) Relatives are not entitled to funeral allowance and survivorship allowance upon death
Survivorship regime is one of the special regimes to help relatives of employees participating in social insurance enjoy monthly funeral allowance and survivorship allowance. Those who are participating in social insurance, if they are not eligible for further payment, can reserve the time of paying social insurance premiums. During the reservation period, if they die unfortunately, their families and relatives are entitled to a funeral allowance and a survivorship allowance.
● The level of funeral allowance is equal to 10 times the base salary in the month that the employee dies (equivalent to 14.9 million VND in 2021).
● The monthly survivorship allowance for each relative is equal to 50% of the base salary. In case the relative has no direct caregiver, the monthly survivorship allowance is equal to 70% of the base salary. In 2021, the level of enjoyment is equivalent to the monthly survivorship allowance for each relative equal to 745,000 VND/month; with relatives who have no one to directly take care of is 1,043,000 VND/month.
In case the employee has received a lump-sum social insurance payment, he will not be entitled to the death benefit, and the employee's relatives will not be able to receive the aforesaid benefits.
Thus, employees should consider whether to withdraw social insurance money once to solve immediate difficulties due to the Covid-19 epidemic so as not to be disadvantaged in the future. In case the employee has a serious illness or goes abroad to settle down, the one-time withdrawal of social insurance can bring more benefits.
You are having a hard time, don't know whether to withdraw your social insurance money, CashBerry has a solution for you. In order not to lose the benefits of enjoying pension from social insurance, you can borrow money online to solve immediate financial problems.
Quick loan with CashBerry application , is one of the best options for those who are in need of money urgently. Because at CashBerry, you will get a loan quickly, just 30 minutes, you can receive money to your wallet.
Here are the reasons why you should choose CashBerry to borrow money .
● Fast online loan 1 - 10 million in 24H.
● Flexible term 7 - 30 days (according to customer needs).
● Interest rate 10.95 - 14.6%/year is the lowest in the market today.
● No mortgage, no proof of income.
● Borrow 100% online without meeting.
● The loan contract is transparent and specific, customers are informed of loan information before borrowing.
● Loan extension when it is difficult to repay the loan.
● There are many preferential programs from time to time such as early payment will be reduced interest, loyal customers will be increased loan limit, ...
CashBerry is always proud to be the unit that provides customers with online loan services with simple application procedures and fast disbursement time. To complete the loan process with CashBerry, customers only need to go through the following basic steps:
● Step 1: Download the CashBerry app or visit the cashberry.vn website on your smart mobile device and complete the profile with the necessary personal information.
● Step 2: After registration is complete, wait for loan approval for about 15 minutes. The appraiser will contact you to confirm the information and inform the loan approval amount.
● Step 3: If the application is approved, you will be disbursed to your bank account immediately.
Besides simple procedures, 100% online support, CashBerry also has a customer care team to help you 24/7. If you have any questions about the loan application process, you can contact the hotline 1900 63 83 85 or send a message to Fanpage CashBerry - Everyone's financial friend for answers.
Do you have an answer to the question of whether to withdraw social insurance money ? If it's too difficult and you don't have time to wait, you should withdraw your social insurance once. If you only need money to spend, you should choose the online loan option to avoid disadvantages after withdrawing social insurance. The choice is yours! Don't forget to register for CashBerry when you need money!